Sunday, November 18, 2007

Artist: VNV Nation
Song: Solitary (Covenant's Deathstar Disco remix)
Album: Solitary EP


from: anonymous

I am a Montreal-based writer who has always been torn between the organic sounds of sex and the sound of sexy music. That is why I usually choose ambient techno with drippy, liquid blips and other human stuff.

In a recent sexual encounter with myself, in which I tried something brutal and experimental to test my physical limits, I had to play VNV Nation's Solitary (Deathstar Disco - Covenant). I chose that song because it is brooding and intense, a building layer of sound that I could bury myself under as the orgasm hit and I screamed into the pillow. The song pushed me through whatever fear I had, and helped me extract what I needed to out of the pain. It was an MP3 file, so the treble was sharp enough to nail itself into my brain and stick with me through the experience.

Thank you for letting me participate in this project. I never would have otherwise thought to share this with anybody.

No comments: