Friday, November 23, 2007

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Song: Ramble On
Album: Led Zeppelin II


From: anonymous

Biographical Info:
I'm a 26 year old Caucasian female. I like boys.

My sexy sound story:
When I was younger I had quite a few fling-type relationships with men. I had a number of shitty experiences being that I was very naive and gullable as a young woman. Afterwards I refused to let my guard down or let myself be vulnerable to anyone, so I never really spent much time with one particular man. When I was about 20 or 21 I met a guy at a party and we started dating very casually. We had sex the night I met him, and I assumed it would end there, so I was surprised when he called me. He was older than me and seemed very kind and grounded, which was unlike the sorry collection of douchebags I had dated previous to him. The first time I went to his apartment, we had a few drinks and listened to music through his satellite TV. We have very similar tastes in music - both of us were into 70s rock like Zeppelin and Pink Floyd - so we quizzed each other on how long it took each of us to guess the song after the first few bars. After some quizzing and a heated discussion about the Eagles, we ended up in his bedroom. The TV was still blasting music - we were too distracted to turn if off - and I can remember hearing one of my favourite Led Zeppelin songs, "Ramble On," starting to play as we were having sex. The song is loud and fast and always makes me want to move, so I focused on it as we were having sex and it made everything feel even better. I remember wanting to yell "fuck yeah!" (but I didn't, because that would have indeed been very awkward, for both of us) - I felt completely happy and confident in that moment and I couldn't imagine a better song to have played right then. Even though I stopped dating the guy shortly after that, there were no hard feelings between us, and I look back on that moment as one in which I felt totally empowere, in control, and satisfied (and, interestingly, I have no recollection of the sex itself, but only of the song and how I felt at the time).

Other info:
The song, it seems, is what makes that sexual encounter memorable for me (without it, I don't think I'd ever have thought of that encounter otherwise). Led Zeppelin, for me, is really empowering and makes me think of independence and strength (it's loud, it's hard, it's full of intent), so in that moment I felt totally in control of the situation, like I was enjoying myself and he (as terrible as it sounds) was simply there to provide that for me. There was no way he was going to take advantage of me, and no way that I would let down my steely guard. That sounds kind of tragic, I know, but I sort of felt like "I'm getting what I want from you" and, depsite the fact that he was a very nice guy, that made me feel powerful -in an 'i'm-samantha-jones-and-i'm-fucking-like-a-man' type of way .

No comments: