Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Artist: Fischerspooner
Song: Emerge
Album: #1


From: Peter

In the summer of 2004, I spent a fun and rather drunken night out with one of my closest friends, who just happens to share both my sex and my sexual orientation. We decided to stop by his apartment for post-night out cigarettes and chatter. I had made him a mix CD in the months prior for reasons I dont remember, and he decided to put it on in what I remember as a way to show me he actually listened to it even though I didn't think he did. Somewhere in the middle of the dozen or so tracked CD, Fischerspooner's Emerge came on. Its a really sexy song.. fast but sensual beats, very suggestive if not totally explicit lyrics.. Anyway, I don't know how much of it was the song or how much of it was the general sexual tension that had been a longstanding fragment of our until then platonic relationship, but "Emerge", about fifteen seconds in, led us to do the same. The fact that his best friend at the time was also my boyfriend is a separate (though important) part of the story. Whenever I hear that song I can smell the musky mix of cologne and sweat that he smelled like that night. It was an isolated event, and didn't cause any damage, but if that song ever comes on I can only think of him, and I'd like to think he does the same.

No comments: